Skip to main content

What is it like being an entrepreneur?



Happy Sunday Strikers!


Today, I want to talk about something a little different. 
I wanted to briefly talk about what it's like to be an entrepreneur.
The word itself always gets different reactions and to be honest some even negative. 

    Being an entrepreneur means that you have to take risks, risks, and even more risks. It's about understanding that you have this yearning to something you're passionate about that you can't always get through schooling and obtaining a degree. It means your going to have to endure obstacles that if you would have just stayed inside the lines of society, you would not face. For example, struggling to first identify what you want to do and sometimes feeling like you're dreaming too big. You face adversity and ensure things like not being taken seriously because you're young, you're Latina and the concept of your business is out there but somehow many think its make-believe. 

      I can't tell you how many times I have said, " I do social media marketing, create sales funnels...etc. " and it seems like I said, "Hi, I'm the daughter of Santa Clause and I live in the north pole too." Or how about being told that there is no reasoning for what I do. As an entrepreneur and as a person, in general, you will encounter closed minded people and that's okay. As a business owner, you're not always looking to service everyone. Your audience is out there and they will come. Entrepreneurship means having to start from the bottom and build your credibility and build your network in the business world to be even remotely relevant. It's being able to wake up every day and not having to clock in at a job but working just as hard. Or even harder because instead of having a process in place; you have to create and re-create processes and systems that are going to make everything run more efficiently. You have the whole 24 hours to yourself and yet not enough time in a day to get everything done. But in the end, being an entrepreneur means to be free. Every struggle and every victory is well worth all the headaches, the sacrifices and so much more. you learn a lot of lessons and learn more about who you are. Your personal growth is a massive impact and you only want to continue to push the boundaries. I love being an entrepreneur and the opportunities that it brings. 

       With that said, I hope you guys keep an eye out for a podcast my business partner and I have been invited to. We are so grateful and excited all at once! I will be adding the link as soon as it's available! As always thanks for joining me and hope you're back on Wednesday!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 19 of the Personal Growth Challenge

What does having a social media presence even mean?

Do you find purpose in your work?

Hey, I'm Sidney

My photo
Sidney Anidno
Spartanburg, SC, United States
Hey, my name is Sidney. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina in 2018. This blog is mainly going to focus on personal development and things I've continued to learn about becoming an entrepreneur and the changes that come with social media marketing.