Skip to main content

Day 13 of the Personal Growth Challenge


Hey Strikers!


Day 13: April 20th


Question: Why do I believe and feel the things that I do?


First, why do we believe in anything? It's usually because of a feeling a belief gives us. So, let's dissect this question a little bit. Again, it feels like it depends on the belief or feeling itself. 

Like, I believe that women are equal to men and that everyone is equal in general. I believe that it doesn't matter where you come from, everyone has a story and the potential to be successful. It doesn't matter where we are raised, we will always have our minds and our experiences within life itself that helps us get to our next level selves. I believe in kindness, kindness to the poor, the rich, the disabled, immigrants, humans, and animals. 

Like the fact that everyone is just trying to make the best of their lives and situations. I feel strongly because I understand what pain I've endured and the obstacles I've had to overcome. However, I can ner know what the next person is going through. Some people are waking up starving and staying up all night afraid to sleep because they don't have a safe place. Some people risk their lives for their country and families but never get a chance to come back and see what they saved and fought for. Others do and they struggle to adjust and are sometimes forgotten in the streets. 

You have people who have never been apart of a family and grew up within the government system that had to learn and yearn for things that others had. There are women who endure rape and worse but wake up every day trying to pick up the pieces of themselves. You have others that encounter hatred for the color of their skin, the texture of their hair, the accent of their words and hurt. However, treat everyone with nothing but kindness and acceptance. Art and literature are amazing and so many people can connect to these on a daily basis. You have people abandoned their homeland for an ambition to pursue a better life with opportunities that are very limited in their country. I'm passionate about all of these and so much more. 

So I guess, I believe and feel what I do because I use it to drive me to pursue more. To reach my potential and obtain happiness. If everyone can get up every day trying to overcome their temporary hardships, then so can I. 

What about y'all? what's your reason?

Check out a more personal reason for my "why" to this question. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 19 of the Personal Growth Challenge

What does having a social media presence even mean?

Do you find purpose in your work?

Hey, I'm Sidney

My photo
Sidney Anidno
Spartanburg, SC, United States
Hey, my name is Sidney. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina in 2018. This blog is mainly going to focus on personal development and things I've continued to learn about becoming an entrepreneur and the changes that come with social media marketing.