Skip to main content

Consistency is Key



Merry Monday, Strikers!

        It's the day before Christmas Eve and I'm hoping you all are getting all the final gifts wrapped, and getting all your loved ones situated for the Christmas visits. It's that time of the year when we celebrate with others and embrace what is to come. 

      That being said something that should be top of mind as we are ending 2019 and the decade for that matter is Consistency. I'm sure you've all heard that phrase "Consistency is key" and you've maybe, like myself, rolled your eyes after hearing it a few times until you finally understand why people say it. So, why is consistency such a good thing right? Well, now that I'm a self- proclaimed "blogger", trying to be "YouTuber",  an entrepreneur and to top it all off, pursuing bodybuilding; it all literally makes sense.
Now, I said it makes sense but I didn't say it's EASY. Let me share what this 25-year-old has learned so far. 

1. It Builds Structure.

        Think about it like your morning skincare routine. If you fall off, you skin gets dry, you break out and so on, right? So you build this habit and it becomes this thing you have to do religiously. Sometimes you even do it subconsciously. It becomes a routine. It set you up for your day and then you move on to the next thing on your list, hence building structure. 

2. Leads to Progress.

This can be applied to anything you're doing. Blogging, social media, journaling, working out. Anything.  For example, let's use one of my goals. So, I turn 26 in May and I want to achieve being the fittest I've ever been in my life so far. Not perfection because let's be honest here, there is ALWAYS room for improvements. But I really want to feel confident in my own skin and allow myself to wear something as simple as a bikini without judging myself. That seems like a simple goal, right? However, it takes hard work, consistency, and discipline. This means, I have to work out often, challenge myself and not play it safe, it means I have to log my meals, maybe even weigh myself often, and not to mention not eat foods that will hinder my progress. For those who don't know me, I LOVE SWEETS. Like, your girl has definitely butchered my progress a few times. I mean we aren't perfect but if you mess up and you correct yourself, that's all that matters. 

3. Your Discipline Game Gets Strong

Consistency is a constant state of work in progress. However, it definitely builds up your discipline as well. It helps you reinforce achieving your goals and working towards that progress you're looking for whether it's in your personal or business life. It's a mental thing. you have to retrain your mind to do these things and repeat it day in and day out.  Sometimes, I have to tell myself to set an alarm, write it down or even act like my life depends on it. Consistency is basically building habits that will take you forward towards your goals and repeating them until you achieve those and set new ones.

I hope this is some food for thought for you today and puts some perspective on your life. Have a Merry Christmas Strikers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 19 of the Personal Growth Challenge

What does having a social media presence even mean?

Do you find purpose in your work?

Hey, I'm Sidney

My photo
Sidney Anidno
Spartanburg, SC, United States
Hey, my name is Sidney. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina in 2018. This blog is mainly going to focus on personal development and things I've continued to learn about becoming an entrepreneur and the changes that come with social media marketing.