Skip to main content

Win & Learn





Happy Last Monday of the decade Strikers!


Let me just start by saying that although it wasn't my most consistent year with trying to do a lot this year, I'm glad I listened to my friends and started this blog. With that being said let's get into the last topic of 2019.

    So, as you can see from the quote on the left today's topic is mainly focused on perspective. If you train your mind to stop thinking you've lost something, someone or even an opportunity and instead thought of it as winning or learning then; you'll be able to handle and overcome anything.

     When you win, things obviously play out in your favor and you're overjoyed most of the time.  Those by far the best feelings for sure.

      However, what about when things don't go your way or as you planned?

       For starters, understand that things don't and won't always go as planned. Life throws unexpected things at us and we have to "roll with the punches." So, instead of about being upset, disappointed and it being just that; an association of just negative feelings, change something. One if it is utterly out of your control and there is literally nothing you can do to change the outcome, yes feel what you feel but don't forget to learn something from it. Here are just a few examples, recently, my boyfriend found out that his uncle was diagnosed with heart cancer. On his birthday. Yes, it was very saddening but it also gave everyone some insight/ some perspective if you will. Though we can't change what has happened we can use this as a lesson/ reminder to not take anyone for granted and to make sure you've lived your life to the fullest.

If you just went through a breakup, yes they suck but what were the issues and what could you learn from this relationship that you don't want in the next one? did you learn anything new about yourself? etc. etc.

If you lost a sale, okay what could you have done differently? Or were they a qualified prospect?

Something I literally learned today, If you follow me on Instagram; you'll see that most of my posts lately are fitness related. I love working out and challenging myself, some days are the best and some could be better. Today was one of those "could be better days", I woke up feeling sick and achy and I allowed my ego to get in the way. I dragged myself to the gym, literally suffered the entire time I was working out and left early. I felt defeated and I was mentally beating myself up but then I realized that it's okay to listen to my body and rest. Believe me when I say I will definitely keep that in mind for next time.

 These are just a few scenarios just to help you get some different perspective to situations in your life. Whether its good or "Bad" you can always choose the see the cup half empty or half full.

I hope this gives you all some perspective as we end the decade and start out a new year with new opportunities to come! Thanks for reading my blog and let me know what you think.

See you all Next Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 19 of the Personal Growth Challenge

What does having a social media presence even mean?

Do you find purpose in your work?

Hey, I'm Sidney

My photo
Sidney Anidno
Spartanburg, SC, United States
Hey, my name is Sidney. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina in 2018. This blog is mainly going to focus on personal development and things I've continued to learn about becoming an entrepreneur and the changes that come with social media marketing.