Skip to main content

Growth Mindset:











" Your life is only as good as your mindset." - Unknown

Good Morning Strikers!

First, let's identify the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
A fixed mindset, people believe their basic qualities, like their intelligence or talent, are simply fixed traits. They spend their time documenting their intelligence or talent instead of developing them. They also believe that talent alone creates success—without effort. They're wrong. 
And a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment
It's okay if you currently have a fixed mindset, it can always be developed if that is what you want. Imagine this in the concept of either seeing the glass half empty or half full. To be completely honest, it all coexists with your perspective on situations and life. But what if your mind was only trained to see life as the glass half empty? Yes, that may mean that perhaps you are only aware of all the negative outcomes of situations. Along with that, It may mean that you don't believe in your abilities to pursue and/ or accomplish your goals. In other words, the only thing holding you back is you.
At the beginning of my journey, I realized very quickly that I actually had a fixed mindset. I'd actually never heard of "Growth Mindset", it wasn't something we learned about in the streets of Webb Chapel back in Dallas, Texas. Our Latina moms definitely weren't going to teach us that. I mean, let's be honest, not even in school.
I had a tendency is always telling myself, " I come from an essentially poor neighboorhood, I'm Hispanic, I come from a broken family and I have a dream to be successful but I don't know how to get there." I voiced out constantly all the things I didn't have. I always misunderstood what people who were trying to reassure me, said. It was easy for me to give up and settle. I was in that mindset of, I was born poor, so I'm going to live poor and die poor. I continued this way until recently.
But then, I remembered the saying " if you're not happy, change it." So, I started meditating. Building the habit was difficult because I was so resistant to believing it would change anything. I started first with one minute, then 5 and so on. I started reading more books that would fuel the growth of my mindset like "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill and " The Introvert Entrepreneur" by Beth L. Buelow and a few more. I started listening to Podcasts and binary beats while working. I wrote down all my bad habits and for each one, I wrote goal a habit to rectify it. I started to push myself out of my comfort zone. Networking with people who had a growth mindset and asking them what they are doing to help myself. I learned to communicate a little bit better. 

Bad habit list I created. Exhibit A ---->
Slowly my mind went from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset. Every day is a work in progress but now, I don't allow my fears to set limitations to my abilities. I almost imagine it close to skydiving and just going for it when it comes to overcoming my fears. I stopped saying that "IF" and started saying "WHEN". I stopped saying I was poor and it was always going to be that way. I started setting goals and writing how to get there. Honestly, a growth mindset means that you just want to be the best version of yourself every day. Every day better than the last. I mean, there is always room for improvement. It's really about how badly you and it and taking the initiative to get there.

Well, I encourage you all to try out some of the things I did and definitely share with me how it worked out for you! As always, Thanks for the visit and please subscribe and comment below. I'd love to hear your input. Remember to keep an eye out for my upcoming podcast and this Sunday's post! 







If I hadn't believed in what my business partner aspired for us to accomplish, I don't think I'd be sitting here at home, writing this blog entry. When I pursued art in college, it was a decision that was very difficult for me. I had a lot of people in school tell me that I was good and I had others tell me to pursue a career that was more "realistic." 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does having a social media presence even mean?

What is it like being an entrepreneur?

Day 19 of the Personal Growth Challenge

Hey, I'm Sidney

My photo
Sidney Anidno
Spartanburg, SC, United States
Hey, my name is Sidney. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina in 2018. This blog is mainly going to focus on personal development and things I've continued to learn about becoming an entrepreneur and the changes that come with social media marketing.