Skip to main content

How To Stop Living Your Life For Others


Welcome back, Strikers!


I hope you all are getting ready for the holidays that are still to come and looking forward to some time with family and friends. Today's topic has been pretty heavy on my mind lately and I wanted to share it with you guys.  That being said I hope this turns out to be a good read for you all and gives you some perspective.

I've recently been in a few conversations where people are constantly saying they "Can't" do something because of someone or because they've lost confidence and so on. You know, believe me when I say, I can relate to these other individuals to some degree in the sense where I may have these moments from time to time. However, I think we all forget that we only have one opportunity to make of it what we please. We get caught up in what everyone else wants for us so much so that we stop thinking about what we truly want to achieve.

When I say the word "achieve" it can literally be as simple as finishing a book, waking up early, starting a business, a blog, going back to school, literally anything. We tend to find a million and one excuses to not do something or like validate why we aren't doing something we actually want to do.

For example, I have this friend who about 28 or 29 years old and I asked her the simplest question because it just came up. I asked " So, What are your goals? Like, have you always wanted to do?" I asked this because we have pretty intellectual conversations and shes got all this potential. I genuinely wanted to know, and she responded " I don't really have any of those things. I think it's better off if I don't think about that. I disappoint everyone including my family and I'm not confident in myself." Guys, my jaw dropped because it was almost like I remembered feeling that way a few years ago in my early 20's. However, I was figuring out college and how to even reach my goals and so on. I wanted to make everyone proud of me but through that journey, I remember the one lesson I learned.  That lesson was,  and excuse my language but this is what I said to her as well; "Listen, fuck all of that. You're human and you're going to make mistakes. You're going to disappoint people sure, you'll probably fail a few times as well and even disappoint yourself. But that's all a part of your growth. If you stop trying, who is going to keep fighting for what you truly want? It's all about how you handle the situations afterward, how you move forward and believe me you move forward. Stop worrying about what everyone wants from or for you. Focus on yourself for once and your self- confidence and the way you view yourself will change." 

I've said this to myself several times and to friends and family as well. The truth is no one is in control of your life like you are. So what are you willing to do for what is truly your calling? We all have a purpose, we all make an impact in this world on a daily basis simply by making an impact on others. I'm not going to lie, it'll be scary and exciting all at once. But take a risk for yourself and do what makes you happy. Leaving Texas in pursuit of an entrepreneurial lifestyle was terrifying, it took me maybe asking my best friends and boyfriend over 100 times to start this blog, same with youtube and I'm currently working on a podcast as well.  I'm not perfect and I'm never striving for perfection, I just want to grow and live my own life. SO, Strikers, if you're feeling overwhelmed or stuck, shrug it off and make yourself a priority starting today!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 19 of the Personal Growth Challenge

What does having a social media presence even mean?

Do you find purpose in your work?

Hey, I'm Sidney

My photo
Sidney Anidno
Spartanburg, SC, United States
Hey, my name is Sidney. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina in 2018. This blog is mainly going to focus on personal development and things I've continued to learn about becoming an entrepreneur and the changes that come with social media marketing.